This involves a combination of developmental consultation and negotiation to develop a parenting plan that focuses on the needs of children and teens. We look at:
- The development of children and teens including cognitive, social, and personality changes with age.
- How to identify feelings and emotions and be able to effectively communicate them with their parents.
- How each parent can look at their own strengths and weaknesses and those of the other parent.
- How to develop a parenting plan based on the needs of the children and teens.
- How children and teens can handle being away from the other parent.
- How to brainstorm difference possible parenting plans and to consider other new options in these plans.
- How to support a positive learning environment and coordinate homework between the 2 homes.